- 1 lb. halibut, skin off, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 4 Brioche hamburger buns, lightly toasted or warmed
- Tartar sauce (optional)
- Shredded iceberg lettuce (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
Place egg, flour, and panko in three separate shallow bowls. Add Old Bay to panko and mix to combine. Season each fillet on both sides with salt and pepper. Working with one piece of fish at a time, dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Dip fish in egg, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl. Coat with panko, pressing to adhere. Set aside and repeat with remaining pieces of fish.
Heat oil in a large skillet or over medium heat. Cook fish until breading is golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of fillet. Transfer fish to a paper towel-lined tray or plate.
Assemble fish sandwiches with tartar sauce and lettuce. Serve with lemon wedges.