Serving Size: 2-4
- 1 lb. halibut, skin off, cut into 4-6 pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 small red or yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Thai basil (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
In a medium sauce pan or wok over high heat, sauté onion and pepper with a touch of oil until edges begin to char. Reduce heat to low and add ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add coconut milk, red curry paste, soy sauce and fish sauce. Stir until combined and heated through, about 2 minutes. Add fish and continue cooking, partially covered until fish is opaque and cooked through, about 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the pieces.
Serve curry over rice, garnished with chopped cilantro and torn Thai basil with lime wedges to squeeze over.