Serving Size: 4
- 4 pork rib or loin chops
- Salt and pepper
- 3 yellow peaches, firm but ripe
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 C white wine vinegar (try Mielagro dressing vinegar)
- 1-2 T coarse ground mustard (try Moutarde Royal with Cognac)
- 1/4 C honey
- 1/2 t salt
- Season pork chops and with salt & pepper and set aside. Prepare a grill for direct and medium heat (use 2 burners).
- Peel the peaches and dice
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add the shallots and sautè until soft.
- Add the peaches and vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the mustard and honey.
- Return to simmer, stirring occasionally until the mixture has chutney like consistency.
- Remove from heat and add salt.
- Place chops on high heat for 2 minutes to sear. Flip and sear the other side.
- Move to the medium side of the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until temperature reaches 145°. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with peach mostarda garnished with fresh basil leaves.