- 1 lb rotini or penne pasta – use whole wheat pasta to keep it healthy!
- 1 red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked ahead, medium dice (you can use rotisserie chicken for this)
- 1 cup olives – black olives or kalamata are best
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Reggiano
- 1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 oz artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup dry salami, cubed
- Fresh basil and Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped for garnish 1-2 tbsp of each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your favorite Italian dressing
- If you like things spicy, add some sliced pepperoncini
Cook pasta according to package instructions. When al dente, rinse under cold water and set aside to cool. Toss with olive oil to prevent from sticking.
When completely cool, mix all ingredients together except for Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs. You can dress this salad ahead of time if eating the same day, or dress just before serving.