- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 oz ramps, trimmed and sliced, leaves included
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and once it melts add the leek scapes. Cook until they begin to soften, then add ramps. Cook for 2 minutes, then add garlic.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor, process the mixture with the lemon zest and juice until smooth. Add the pine nuts, parmesan, salt, and olive oil. Taste for salt.
- Serve over pasta, fish, vegetables, or spread on a crostini with extra parmesan.