- 1 lb halibut fillet (or other firm, fleshy white fish)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Zupan’s Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 3/4 ounce queso fresco, crumbled
Step 1: Prepare Cilantro Slaw
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper until smooth and combined. Add cabbage, red bell pepper, cilantro, and scallions and toss until well coated. Want to skip this step? Pick up a container of Zupan’s already prepared Rainbow Slaw in the deli.
Step 2: Cook Halibut
Season halibut filet with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to the pan. When it shimmers, add the fish filet and sear for 2-3 minutes per side until just cooked through.
Step 3: Assemble Tacos
Warm tortillas over skillet. Build tacos by layering corn tortillas with slaw, halibut, pico de gallo, queso fresco, and cilantro.