- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Arrange the meatballs on an olive-oiled coated rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, then turn the meatballs over with a spatula or pair of tongs.
- Continue baking until nicely browned and cooked through, approximately 10-12 minutes, or until meatballs register 165° degrees on a instant thermometer.
- Pour enough oil into a large skillet to coat the bottom and place over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add as many meatballs as will fit in the pan without crowding. Note: They should sizzle as soon as they hit they pan or the pan isn’t hot enough.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides. Cover the pan, lower the heat and continue cooking and until the meatballs are firm and cooked through (165° on a instant thermometer), which should take about 15 minutes total.
- Repeat the frying with remaining meatballs, pouring out the oil and adding a fresh layer.