We want to share the protocols that immediately go into effect in the case of a presumed positive or positive test result for COVID-19.
- Our Human Resources director is in frequent communication with the affected associate.
- We will notify associates and conduct a sanitization of the entire facility.
- Cleaning is done using our Victory electrostatic sprayers and Vital Oxide food and hospital-grade disinfectant cleaner. This state-of-the-art technology sprays an electrostatically charged disinfectant onto all surfaces and hard to reach places. The disinfectant cleaner has been registered by the EPA as effective for use against COVID-19 and kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, sanitizes 99.999% of bacteria on food contact surfaces with no rinse required, and eliminates odor at a molecular level.
- Our Human Resources director contacts associates that worked in close contact with the affected and places them on quarantine for 14 days. In compliance with the Oregon Health Authority, the affected associate will remain off work until at least 7 days have passed after symptoms first appeared and 3 days after recovery (meaning that fever has been gone for 72 hours without use of medication and respiratory symptoms have subsided).
- Our Human Resources director continues to work with the affected associate and those who are self-quarantining to ensure they have sufficient leave until they are able to return to work.
Associate tested positive on 05/07, last worked in store on 05/04.
The majority of our associates have been with Zupan’s Markets for years. We are fully committed to their health and safety and are immensely grateful for their tireless work to serve our customers. Each day they show up ready to help, working around the clock to stock our shelves, clean our stores, and provide support for each customer who walks through the doors.
We believe that full transparency is essential, not only during heightened situations. We do not take for granted the trust you put in Zupan’s Markets as your local and family-owned grocery store and we want you to know we are doing our utmost to protect you and our associates.
Thank you for your continued confidence in Zupan’s Markets and allowing us to be part of your community.