Serving Size: 4
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with fresh & wild Alaskan halibut tacos topped with Cilantro Lime Slaw & Mango Pineapple Salsa.
- 1 pound halibut fillet (or other firm, fleshy whitefish)
- 1 container Zupan’s cilantro lime slaw
- 1 container Zupan’s mango pineapple salsa
- 1 package tortillas
- 1 lime sliced
- Sour cream
- Cotija cheese
- Hot sauce
- Lightly season the fish with salt and pepper, and then grill.
- While the fish is grilling, warm the tortillas (see below).
- When the fish is ready, layer grilled fish, cilantro lime slaw and Zupan’s mango pineapple salsa in each tortilla. Top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and add additional toppings of your choice.
Ways to warm your tortillas:
- Wrap a stack in aluminum foil and put them in the oven at 350° for about 10 minutes. Keep them wrapped until you are ready to use them.
- Put them in a non-stick pan heating both sides until they start to get some color. This takes a bit more time, but chef’s like this method!
- Get rid of the pan, grab some tongs, and hold your tortilla over a gas stove flame for 10-15 seconds on each side. This gives your tortillas a slight char and mild smoky flavor.