Fresh, flavorful, and loaded with delicious toppings. Perfect with fresh & wild Alaskan halibut or other white fish of your choosing.
- 1 pound halibut fillet (or other firm, fleshy whitefish)
- Zupan’s cilantro lime slaw, 1.5 lb
- Zupan’s mango pineapple salsa, 12oz
- Cotija cheese, 12oz
- 1 package tortillas, 8 ct
- 1 lime sliced
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Lightly season the halibut with salt (1/2 teaspoon) and pepper (1/4 teaspoon), and then cook.
To Grill: Preheat grill to medium heat and brush grill with oil to prevent fish from sticking. Grill the fish until it is opaque and starts to flake with a fork, 3-5 minutes per side. Transfer fish to platter and allow to rest. Separate into large chunks.
Stove: Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to the pan. When it shimmers, add the fish filet and sear for 2-3 minutes per side until opaque and just cooked through. Transfer fish to platter and allow to rest. Separate into large chunks.
- While the fish is resting, warm the tortillas (see below) and slice limes into wedges.
- Assemble your tacos. Layer grilled fish, cilantro lime slaw, mango pineapple salsa, and cotija cheese in each tortilla. Top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Ways to warm your tortillas:
- Wrap a stack in aluminum foil and put them in the oven at 350° for about 10 minutes. Keep them wrapped until you are ready to use them.
- Put them in a non-stick pan heating both sides until they start to get some color. This takes a bit more time, but chefs like this method!
- Get rid of the pan, grab some tongs, and hold your tortilla over a gas stove flame for 10-15 seconds on each side. This gives your tortillas a slight char and mild smoky flavor.